This page is a celebration of the small.
A small landscape
Cinema of the Small
- The Incredible Shrinking Man. Man versus mouse! and other terrors of the modern world.
- Mad Max beyond the Thunderdome. Little guy not only becomes a sex symbol but Tina Turner can look him in the eye.
- The Mouse That Roared. Tiny country declares war on the U.S. in those oh so cheerful days when the U.S. generally won.
- The Small Back Room. The room is so small that no scenes are filmed in it.
A small cartoon
- Calvin Phillips (1791 - 1812) was one of the smallest guys, if not the smallest, at the grand height of 2 feet, 2.5 inches; a pity he couldn't meet Pauline Musters (1876 - 1895), a real tiny Dutch woman, at 1 feet, 11 inches. Talk about matches!
- Eohippus, the dawn horse, would have been not only intimidated by, but smaller than, most cats. But if Eohippus studied karate, I'm sure it would be a different story; probably wouldn't have even become extinct.
- Well, we all know how small hummingbirds are -- oops -- one just went by! Did you see it? But since a hummingbird can be just a little over 2 inches long (and they're quick little things), it's understandable if you didn't.
If your taste in small includes photos, I've some pages on macro photography too.
Finally, you might want to have a minute of silence for cdowdell (or maybe light a virtual candle for him), the first person to document that he really did read type that small, but who subsequently became so small himself that he disappeared from the web. This page is dedicated to his memory. Three cheers for cdowdell!